Robin Trust offers an excellent homebased care course for individuals interested in becoming carers. The course includes four weeks of theoretical training and 10 weeks of practical training at our sub-acute facility in Pinelands and other relevant facilities provided by Robin Trust.
Our practical training includes five weeks of 12-hour day duty shifts and five weeks of 12-hour night duty shifts.
Why pursue a career in care giving?
• Elementary anatomy, physiology, human development and the ageing process
• Disease conditions and disabilities common to specific communities
• Management of a client’s conditions and treatment
• Assisting with activities of daily living
• Identification and assisting with the referral process for a client or family member
• Palliative Care
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
• Dealing with the process of dying and death
• Nutritional needs
• Life skills
• Occupational health and safety